NEW: Elementary Education
“And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you and abound they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” II Peter 1:5–8
Today's children are tomorrow's leaders.
Because of this, there is a great need in our society for godly teachers. Elementary education is far more than just imparting knowledge to children. Education is about training children in faith and teaching them character — and imparting academic knowledge.
Verity’s goal is to equip those with a heart for teaching children with skills and credentials needed to make an impact for Christ in the education field. Partnering with Liberty University, Verity now offers a non-licensure Elementary Education program that can be completed in only 3 years. Upon completion of a bachelor degree, teacher candidates may become ASCI certified, qualifying them to teach in Christian and private schools.
The Verity Elementary Education program has a special emphasis on special education training, one of the most)needed opportunities for teachers today. The Child Evangelism Fellowship course “Teaching Children Effectively” is also required for credit in this degree.
Elementary Education Studies:
- Learning Theory and Portfolio Development
- Instructional Practices for Math Teachers
- Instructional Practicum for Reading Teachers
- Classroom Management for Teachers
- Educational Philosophy
- Scholarly Writing and APA
- Foundations of Education
- Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Teaching Practicum (Student Teaching)
- Teaching Children Effectively 1 (Child Evangelism Fellowship) is a required course
- Students are trained to minister at local schools through “Good News Clubs”
Career Possibilities For Elementary Education Students:
- Teacher (Christian school, charter school, or public school*)
- TESOL teacher overseas
- Home school teacher
- Teacher's aide
*Individuals wishing to obtain public school teacher licensure are required to obtain a Master of Arts in Education.
Apply now! The application deadline for the fall semester is July 29, 2011.
For more information about the Elementary Education program, call 866.983.7489 x2102, weekdays between 9AM and 5PM EST or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.