“Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth, and lay up His words in thine heart” (Job 22:22).
Verity Institute is committed to the importance of the Word of God, our foundation for every aspect of life and learning. For this reason, Verity offers a Bible Certificate program to help students take the first steps toward a lifelong pursuit of truth through the systematic study of the Bible. Students who participate in this program will begin with a carefully-crafted overview of the Bible and its teachings, coupled with basic principles of personal Bible study. Then they will use these tools to investigate key books of the Bible, seeking the doctrinal truths taught in those sections of Scripture.
The Verity Bible Certificate program is open to both Verity and non-Verity students. Students will take the Bible Certificate in addition to the degree program they are pursuing through Verity. The courses have been developed in cooperation with The Telos Institute International, and students should contact that office if they wish to receive Telos credit for their work.
The program includes seven modules taken during the course of one year. Most modules involve two weeks, beginning with two afternoons of class sessions, followed by reading and writing assignments which will be due at the end of the two weeks.
Verity Institute strongly recommends the Bible Certificate program as a worthy tool in learning how to "accurately handle the Word of God."
- Application Deadline: September 28, 2012
- Click here to download application
Course Schedule 2012/ 2013
- September 19-October 17: Bible Study Methods (Series of 5 chapel messages; everyone invited)
- October 15-26: Bible Survey
- November 5-16: Introduction to Doctrine
- January 14-25: Genesis: Doctrine of God, Man, and Sin
- February 11-22: Acts: Doctrine of Church and Holy Spirit
- March 11-22: Ephesians: Doctrine of Salvation and Church
- April 29-May 10:James: Doctrine of Chrisitian Living
- Seven-Module Certificate Program: $500
For additional information, e-mail Dr. John Bechtle at email@example.com or call Verity Institute at 866.9VERITY.